Human Element Communications offers a full suite of services and products, focused on communicating about climate change and urbanization and tailored to the needs of our clients.
Achieving impact beyond the impact factor: a workshop to boost scientists’ communication skills
Offered in collaboration with science communications specialist Tali Hoffman, this four-week workshop builds the capacity of researchers to more effectively communicate with a variety of non-specialist audiences. With a focus on humanising research, and the people who do it, the workshop invites researchers to explore and develop the powerful stories that help non-specialists connect with their work. We pair this human focus with practical tools for strategically, cost-effectively and professionally communicating with diverse audiences.
Through a mix of discussion and practical sessions, we equip researchers to:
- Identify and convey the core messages in their science in compelling and relatable ways.
- More effectively and confidently communicate with the media (television, radio, and print/online).
- Develop impact-focused communication strategies that target key audiences and cater to their specific information needs.
- Produce a wide range of communication products.
- Use social media to promote their expertise and share key content.
We work with clients to create and run write shops that offer a structured way to extract, package, and communicate core research findings.
Video and photography
Sometimes, the best way to tell a story is visually. We create photo and video packages that bring research and stories to life.
Infographics are effective tools for communicating complex research in a pared down way. Together with our design partners, Human Element creates attention-grabbing infographics that marry strong visual elements with pointed storytelling.
Contact Brendon for quotes and bookings.